Managing your health doesn't just happen in your doctor's office. You do it every day at home, at work, and with your family and friends. To help manage your health the Healthy Living Center of Excellence offers free self management education programs.
The free self-management education programs teach you skills that put you at the center of your care. Whether you have diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, chronic pain, or another serious health condition, these programs give you the tools to help manage your symptoms and overall health. During the programs you will learn from others who are like you, and make new friends to share what you learn when the program ends.
We believe that a collaborative partnership between activated older adults, their medical providers, and community-based organizations is the most effective model for managing the healthcare needs of an ever growing aging population.
The variety of programs offered will help adults maintain their independence, increase self-confidence and improve overall health.
The programs offer proven interventions addressing lifestyle and health conditions, such as:
- Management of chronic illness;
- Healthy eating;
- Managing difficult emotions/depression;
- Importance of physical activity;
- Fall prevention management; and
We have a range of programs promoting health and wellness! Our programs include:
- Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Diabetes Self-Management
- Spanish Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Spanish Diabetes Self-Management
- Chronic Pain Self-Management
- Cancer: Thriving and Surviving Program
- Positive Self Management for HIV
- Better Choices, Better Health
- A Matter of Balance
- Tai Chi for Healthy Aging
- Tai Chi for Arthritis
- Healthy Eating for Successful Living
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers
- Healthy IDEAS
- Enhance Wellness
Visit our website for a description of each program, to access the statewide workshop calendar or to make a referral. You can also call 978-946-1211 for more information or to register for a workshop.