When it comes to drugs and alcohol, many parents worry aboutinfluences from the outside world, like the media and their
children’s friends. But what can be found inside your home is just as important — youth say that the family home can be a major
source of substances like prescription drugs, alcohol, and inhalants.
Take a tour of your home >>>>
Take steps to protect your children:
- Learn about risky substances, and how to safeguard your children.
- Go through your home and identify substances that might be misused.
- Replace or remove risky products when possible.
- Put risky substances in secure places and supervise your children if they have to use them.
- Watch your children for possible signs of misuse. Talk about your concerns, and get help if needed.