The Commonwealth’s Alzheimer’s and Related Dementias Acute Care Advisory Committee (ARDAC) explored challenges and opportunities to provide optimal care for those with dementia who are in acute care settings. The committee presented options for hospitals to improve both the care and experience for patients and caregivers.
Our goals are to:
- Identify and communicate the challenges and opportunities for providing the best possible care to persons with dementia in acute care settings
- Provide options for hospitals to improve both:
- The quality of care for the patient
- The caregiver/provider experience
- Offer strategies to improve the cost effectiveness of care
The Department of Public Health (DPH), in collaboration with the Executive Office of Elder Affairs, is pleased to share the Committee’s final report: Recommendations from the Alzheimer’s and Related Dementias Acute Care Advisory Committee.